I charge a flat fee for the whole assessment process. I take all major
credit cards. However, I encourage parents to schedule an initial phone consultation (free of charge) to have a better understanding of what the whole assessment involves to make
an informed decision on whether this is the best time for their child to do
The flat fee includes:
- The initial interview with parents
- Conversations with the school staff or physicians (upon authorization)
- About six hours of testing (a bilingual assessment may take more)
- Records review (school and medical)
- A review of results with parents or guardians
- A session with the child for an age appropriate review of results (this is important to explain to the child what his or her strengths and weaknesses are and how he or she can work more efficiently at school and home)
- A comprehensive written report, which includes a narrative, all the scores, graphs of cognitive profile, and a list of detailed recommendations including requests for school accommodations, if applicable (including recommendations for a 504 plan or an Individual Education Plan - IEP)
- participation in school meetings, upon request (including IEP meetings or 504 plan)
- A follow-up review of the child progress within 1 to 3 months (or as needed) -Referrals to competent professionals for treatment
I like to be informed of the child progress for about a year after the assessment. The fee for my services includes all the follow-up reviews within that year.
I will provide you with a Superbill should you want to submit it to your insurance carrier for reimbursement.